Study English with us, and we can help guide you to the program of study that interests you. IGK is proud to offer a comprehensive University-College Pathway Program in which students can gain acceptance into several university programs throughout Canada. Each year countless IGK students move on to Canadian post-secondary education programs upon completion of our advanced course, EAP 300.
Why Join IGK’s Pathway Program?
- Secure conditional admission to one of IGK’s partner institutions on completion of EAP 300
- Learn strategies to improve listening and reading comprehension
- Participate in authentic speaking activities
- Produce academic paragraphs and essays
- Learn strategies to build vocabulary skills
- Employ strategies to improve critical thinking which is vital in a Canadian post-secondary environment
Students will learn to:
- Employ strategies to predict content, understand main ideas and details in a variety of text types
- Produce clearly intelligible paragraphs and essays through the process of brainstorming, planning, drafting, revising and editing
- Use strategies to achieve listening comprehension, including listening for gist, listening for specific details and note-taking
- Employ strategies to build vocabulary skills, such as using contextual clues to determine meaning
- Participate in authentic speaking activities, such as classroom presentations, formal discussions and debates
- Use critical thinking strategies, including analyzing and evaluating data, interpreting visuals, organizing ideas, reflecting, synthesizing etc
Students who enroll in a language program which is six months or less in duration or for which tuition is less than $4,000 may not make a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund, which is managed by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. For more information about programs that do not require PTIB approval please visit https://www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/