Do you want to teach English abroad or in Canada? IGK’s TESOL Diploma is TESOL Canada Certified, which allows graduates to work at any language school in Canada as well as abroad!
Teacher training course with 100 hours of classroom instruction and a 20-hour supervised practicum.
TESOL Methodology topics include: The communicative approach, being a good teacher and learner, children versus adult learners, student levels, lesson planning, describing language, teaching grammar, teaching reading, teaching writing, teaching speaking, teaching listening, teaching pronunciation, ESL games and activities, classroom management, textbooks and materials development, assessment and testing, teaching English for special purposes.
Why earn a diploma in TESOL from IGK?
On graduation, learners will be able to:
- Describe the historical development of English as a World Language.
- Select the features of historical language teaching methodologies that are still useful today.
- Explain the differences between a teacher-fronted language class and a communicative one.
- Define Communicative Competence, its differences from Linguistic Competence, and why the former is important to Communicative Language Teaching.
- Plan lessons with activities catering to different Learning, Cognitive and Personality styles.
- Be able to find, assess and apply learning materials suitable to the needs of each lesson and the need of the learners.
- Describe why the unique aspects of adult learners make Andragogy different from Pedagogy
- Describe and demonstrate the elements of good classroom management.
- Observe ten hours of classroom teaching by an experienced teacher and comment on what has been observed through observation tasks.
- Plan and deliver ten hours of classroom teaching to an ESL class showing competent lesson planning, classroom management and technique, engagement with, moment-to-moment response to, and formative assessment of, the learners.