IGK, the oldest, most accredited language academy and career college in Kelowna, is proud to announce our new Calgary branch. The grand opening of this prestigious language school located at #100 800 5th Avenue SW is February 6th.
Calgary, known by a couple of other nicknames, including Cowtown and Stampedetown is a great destination for those looking for a fun destination for learning the English language for a short term stay or camps; or for those looking to immigrate to Canada.
1. Calgary, Alberta offers a wonderful opportunity for IGK and our clients. Home to University of Calgary, SAIT, Royal Roads and several other colleges, our Pathway program can really support many students who wish to attend these schools.
2. Alberta is calling! They are spending substantial amounts of tourism dollars currently to bring back people to the province. This means having a school there will be supported by marketing, an expected influx of newcomers to Canada, and domestic clients.
3. Alberta has low taxes (no provincial sales tax), high wages, and lower costs of homes.
4. At over 1.6 million people, Calgary has an international airport and lots of employment opportunities (tech is booming) and services.
5. Calgary is the gateway to the Rocky Mountains with Banff, and Jasper within driving distance.
6. Alberta has many immigration opportunities to assist newcomers or those wanting to come to live in Alberta.
So, although we had plans to move to Calgary almost three years ago, we had to wait until the world began to open once again. With the pent-up demand for language schools and career colleges internationally, this is the perfect time to grab some cowboy boots and a hat and join us in Calgary this year! We feel that Calgary and Kelowna are two of the best places that Western Canada has to offer.
If you would like to find out more about IGK programs, or immigration to Canada options, please contact Blaine@igcanada.com or call 236-795-7193