International Gateway Kelowna Refund Policy
Applies to all full and part time Practical ESL, TESOL, Exam Preparation, Tutoring and Camps.
Before Program Begins:
- More than 30 days before the start of the program 75% refund
- Less than 30 days before the start of the program 60% refund
- If the visa is refused the student receives a full refund of tuition, material and homestay fees. IGK retains the application and homestay application fees for all students and the initial guardianship fee for minors. An official Visa refusal letter from the Canadian Embassy must be produced in order for students to obtain a refund.
After Program Begins:
- Less than 6 days or 10% of the program duration, 50% refund
- Within 30% of program duration, 30% refund.
- After 30% of program duration, no refund.
** Applies to tuition and material fees.
Students must provide 2 weeks’ notice if they intend to leave their homestay. No homestay refund will be given if students do not provide notice. IGK is not responsible for any dispute that arises between the student and the homestay. Students are responsible to pay for any damage that they cause in the homestay. Students will be required to pay an additional $200CAD homestay placement fee to change host families without a valid reason. The final decision regarding homestay changes is up to the discretion of the IGK Homestay Coordinator. If the homestay was booked at discounted long term rates the highest homestay rate will be applied to any refund.
No refund after students’ arrival and the placement begins.
The airport pickup fee is non refundable if canceled less than 7 days prior to arrival. The drop off fee is non refundable if cancelled less than 30 days before departure.
- More than 7 days before arrival, full refund except placement fee of $250CAD
- Less than 7 days prior to arrival and after the placement begins no refund under any circumstance.
If IGK closes a full or partial refund of all monies is provided.
Any refunds are paid within 30 days of IGK receiving a written notice from the student.
If a student is dismissed for disciplinary reasons there may or may not be a refund. This final decision is up to the discretion of the Director or the President.
If IGK changes the date of a program or significantly alters the program content itself then a full or partial refund is available to the student at the Director’s discretion.
Students must submit a completed “Application for Refund” form to the school office. The refund is usually sent to the booking agent unless prior arrangements are made.