Teach – Explore – Connect
Our IELTS preparation program is designed for students looking to improve their IELTS exam results. We encourage students to start with general English to improve their overall skills and then take the exam prep classes to improve their test results.
- Training on the IELTS test format, both for the paper test and the computer-based test
- Equal practice with the four skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing with integrated grammar and vocabulary practice
- Weekly practice IELTS tests with feedback from our qualified instructors
- Integrated academic study skills
- Access to official IELTS preparation tools and self-study online courses
- Using the official Cambridge preparation material
IGK’s IELTS Preparation courses have 3 different levels:
• Intermediate – targeting IELTS 5.5
• Upper Intermediate – targeting IELTS 6.5
• Advanced – targeting IELTS 7.5
Students are placed into the appropriate level based on the IGK placement test.
Our qualified instructors will identify areas of improvement:
• Understand the various components of the IELTS testing system.
• Understand how each component is evaluated and the meaning of the final exam score.
• Learn best practice study skills for completing each component of the exam.
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of people who need to study, work, or live where English is the language of communication.
IELTS results are accepted by more than 10,000 organizations, including universities and employers in 140+ countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA. It is recognized by professional bodies, immigration authorities and other government agencies.
IELTS conforms to the highest International Standards of language assessment. It covers the four language skills-listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS is available in two versions:
Academic and General Training.
The Academic Test is suitable for people applying for higher education or professional registration.
The General Training test is for those migrating to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK, or applying for secondary education, training programs and work experience in an English-speaking environment.
Please check with the organization that has requested IELTS to confirm which version and what scores you need.
Register Online in just 6 easy steps
Students who enroll in a language program which is six months or less in duration or for which tuition is less than $4,000 may not make a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund, which is managed by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. For more information about programs that do not require PTIB approval please visit www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca.
• Total 4-8-12 weeks
Sept 26th 2022, Jan 9th 2023, Apr 3rd 2023, Sep 25th 2023