Study and Work in Canada’s #1 resort destination!
Many Okanagan employers are hiring in April and May for a variety of summer hospitality and tourism jobs and IGK is well connected to assist you.
Practical, Customer Service and Hospitality ESL + Guaranteed Job Placement
This 8 week program improves students English ability and customer service skills and allows for an easy transition to practice these skills in paid positions at a world famous resort. Open to Working Holiday/Experience Canada and Work Permit visa holders (see below). Ask for details.
Working Holiday and International Experience Canada Program
This program is currently available to citizens aged 18-35 from Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Taiwan. Specific conditions apply for each country. Please contact the nearest Canadian Embassy in your home country for additional information or visit:
Most common areas of employment in Kelowna
- Hotel/ Motel-front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, servers
- Ski Resorts-lift operators, ski or snowboard instructors
- Restaurants/ Pubs-kitchen help, sous-chefs, dishwashers, servers
- Golf Courses-maintenance and grounds workers
- Wineries-retail sales, tour guides, pickers
- Orchards, Farms, Ranches-pickers, farm and ranch labourers
- Construction and Building trades-skilled and unskilled labourers
- Retail shops-clerks and stock takers
In addition of full and part time ESL, International Gateway Kelowna can provide job placement assistance, resume/cover letter writing and interview techniques. Services are complimentary for IGK students enrolled in a minimum of 4 weeks of full time Practical ESL.