This program is designed for students who would like to volunteer in a Canadian company or organization in an English speaking environment. The volunteer placement is unpaid and must be combined with an equal or greater amount of full time ESL study at IGK prior to the placement. Placements are available in a variety of fields such as: Tourism, Nonprofit Organizations, Education and Sales. Volunteer Placements begin weekly for ages 16 and up.
(See attached program details)
Program Length – 2, 4, 8 or 12 weeks.
Working Holiday and International Experience Canada Program
This program is currently available to citizens of Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan. Specific conditions apply for each country. Please contact the nearest Canadian Embassy in your home country for additional information or visit:
Most common areas of employment in Kelowna
- Hotel/ Motel-front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, servers
- Ski Resorts-lift operators, ski or snowboard instructors
- Restaurants/ Pubs-kitchen help, sous-chefs, dishwashers, servers
- Golf Courses-maintenance and grounds workers
- Wineries-retail sales, tour guides, pickers
- Orchards, Farms, Ranches-pickers, farm and ranch labourers
- Construction and Building trades-skilled and unskilled labourers
- Retail shops-clerks and stock takers
In addition of full and part time ESL, International Gateway Kelowna can provide job placement assistance, resume/cover letter writing and interview techniques. Services are complimentary for IGK students enrolled in a minimum of 4 weeks of full time Practical ESL. Nominal charges apply for non students.